Pumping Station Arrangement
Important design factors
- Layout of pumps, valves and pipework,
- Type and number of pumps to be used,
- Arrangement of auxiliary plant such as filters, electrical and control equipment
- Inclusion of surge protection devices,
- Final review of pump and pipework sizing
Typical multi-pump stations
Attemperating pumping station
The photo shows a large pumping station with multiple pumps with a total flow of 20 m3/s based on the use of submersible pumps. The photo shows 900mm mild steel cement lined discharge pipework, with non-return valve and discharge isolating butterfly valve.
This photograph shows an axial flow submersible pump used at Penrith Whitewater Stadium. The optimum pump flow was 2,800 L/s per pump, totalling 14,000 L/s with 5 pumps running.